Are you looking for the best curtain shops in Dubai? But did you already choose the right curtain fabric to fill your space? Well this is the most important thing to do before going for curtain shopping. We advises that picking the right fabric for your window furnishings can add the right amount of sophistication to your room.
Walking into a curtain shop in Dubai and finding the wide variety of curtain fabrics and styles can be really overwhelming. So pre-planning about the fabric that you want will help the process of decision making. Selecting the right fabric is most important. See to it that the fabric goes hand in hand with your furniture and the accessories. Keep in mind that your whole intention is to add comfort while keeping up with the wow factor.
Here to help you with the 5 most important tips for choosing the perfect window fabrics:
- Patterned or plain: You could be tempted after seeing all the sumptuous fabrics that are on display at the shop. There are a lot of options out there so you can choose a lovely patterned fabric for curtains. Sch fabrics can look stunning. However, they are a very big investment. Therefore, you have to be very sure about the pattern. Just think if you can live with pattern in front of you for the coming few years. If you are someone who changes interiors frequently, go for a textured fabric with subtle pattern which can go well with different coloured accessories.
- Texture: Before choosing the fabric, think about the room and the amount of sheen that it has. If your place is adorned with leather couches and wooden flooring, then you have to go for a textured fabric that is heavy enough to balance the high level of sheen. For a space that has has a lot of soft/rough textures, consider going for a fabric with more sheen.
- Type: Curtains or Roman blinds, whatever your choice maybe, understand that it will make a huge difference. While Roman blinds look very good on smaller windows, curtains may not attract the eye if used for smaller windows because they just under the sill. However, curtains are more affordable.
- Wear: It is very important that you select supreme quality fabrics that will last long. Keep in mind that it has to wear well. To give the fabric some extra life, you can pair it with a good quality lining made of a mildew resistant thermal.
- Colour and Depth: When choosing the fabric color, pick up a warm tone or something which is cool. The choice of color should depend on your furniture, accessories and the wall color. Also consider the amount of light coming in through windows. You can go for light colored fabrics if the room gets a lot of natural lightening.